Saturday 21 November 2015

Chemical Babylon


I hardly moved

Out of my hometown

And I found Chemical Babylon

I found true love,

With no one in particular

No work involved

Just swallowed a pill

For every ill

In my soul.

 

And that muddy field

In the cold

Could have found California.

I took a selfie

Of a perfect moment

With a stranger.

 

One day it all meant

Nothing

My spite and ambition.

The negativity went

On a Saturday night

Then came back

Like a monster on Wednesday.

 

And all the soldiers of pleasure fell

They went from beautiful to sad

They only found true love in a pill

Then found themselves in pits.

 

They turned form my heroes

To victims

And then I found a life

My songs were all of experience not innocence

Chemical Babylon fell.

 
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment